Monday, November 09, 2009

Side Betting the side game at the WORLD SERIES OF POKER FINAL TABLE HEADS UP!!!

Hit, hit, hit, hit!

Dr. Chako face-booked that he was up to no good at the low-limit tables tonight, while following the heads up live-blogging of presumably Pauly. Matt chimed in and joined the waiting list at Chako's table, and I also followed suit. After a good 10 minutes of railing, we both got in the HORSE-esque game. There was No Limit involved, so I'm not sure what acronym does this mixed game justice.

We did the game justice though. From the first orbit we had a side-bet prop on showing down winning hands with 3's in them. I kind of forgot about the mixed game nature of this table, so when O/8 and razz came along, we kind of had to make up the betting on the fly, which Matt mastered.

We started the betting with just showing down a 3 for a win. Then we progressed to making sure the 3 played in the winning hand. Then the split pot games is where Matt's brilliance shown brightest:

$1 for winning the high hand and a 3 playing, $2 for scooping with the 3 involved in both high and low hands.

I'm pretty sure Dr. Chako was the only pooper-scooper to win a 2-pointer.

The side-bet increased the action considerably, because we kept trying to prevent each other from having other's 3's play, or psyching each other out by getting our monsters called down on the chance of a bluff.

Penner (link could be wrong, I'm getting rusty in my internet sleuthing) joined us about 30 minutes in, and quickly joined in on the side-bet action. He was my cooler, and as soon as I had a blogger to my left, I was toast.

And now, the thing everyone loves to hate...

The Results:

Dr. Chako--BIG WINNER!!! die.
Matt--owes Dr. Chako $1
Penner--owes Dr. Chako $1, owes Matt $2
MHG--owes Dr. Chako $4, owes Matt $1

On Full Tilt, the minimum transfer is $5, so if that is how you transfer money, just send what you owe plus $5, and the recipient can ship back $5.

Drchako1
mclarich
penner42
meanhappyguy

TAKE IT DOWN DARVIN MOON, GO SAINTS!!!ONE1!!!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger gadzooks64 said...

Man, I'm bummed I missed this! Maybe next time.

6:23 AM  
Blogger DrChako said...

When I woke up this morning and saw a $9 xfer, I may have said, "w00t" outloud.

I guess I owe you a fiver. Still, blogger mobneys are the best mobneys!

-DrC

9:33 AM  
Blogger Shrike said...

I'm sorry I missed out. Next time, get ahold of me.

-PL

10:49 AM  
Blogger DrChako said...

FYI - I just completed three $5 transfers. I think I did it right. If I screwed something up, please let me know.

-DrC

PS. I'm around this weekend.

6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home