Saturday, December 06, 2008

Rock Climbing

I went rock climbing on Thursday over at Marymoor Park, and on the way home I decided to swing by Magnuson Park and check the status on the new rock wall. A month ago I checked it out and there was a fence up and a half-built wall. Thursday, the fence was no longer there, and the wall was complete! Nobody else was around, so I decided to dink around on the wall after already climbing for a few hours at Marymoor.

I did not last long on Thursday, but I headed back Friday with snowboarding queen. I would have had a fun time climbing by myself, but she made it a whole lot more fun. Her ass is hypnotic. I mean... she is a real good climber! She's definitely got more skills than I do, but I've got about a foot wing span advantage, which helps narrow the skill gap. We passed by a 7-11 on the way back to my house and I got excited about the prospect of slurpees after climbing in the future, when she added, "and hot dogs!" She is awesome.

Today, I made it three days in a row at the new wall, and today was the first day I have seen anyone at the wall I hadn't invited. Since it is a Saturday, I guess it makes sense. There were a few guys using ropes to climb to the top on the rock walls, and some kids climbing low on the wall with their parents' supervision. I brought my camera today, and attempted to take some black and white photographs of the wall. My dad tagged along and took photos of birds elsewhere in the park for the first hour, then came back to the climbing wall and took a few shots of me bouldering.

Will I go for the Connect Four tomorrow? We shall see!





Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger DrChako said...

That looks awesome. Best workout I ever had was climbing. I may have to meet you there.

-DrC

PS. Details on the next challenge coming soon.

7:40 AM  
Blogger The NL Wife said...

I like the last picture of you climbing . . .

7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home