Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Bankroll Challenge Update

The time has come to square away the bankroll challenge with Dr. Chako. It pains me to say that I was neither a winning, nor a break-even, poker player in the month of November. I was a big loser, shocking.



I began November with a bankroll at $107.25 and finished at $78.70. For the purpose of our bet, I am left with 73.4% of my initial bankroll. I think our bet is going to be awfully close, and I've got my fingers crossed that Dr. C will have a lower percent of his starting bankroll than I did.

I did learn a few things about my poker game through this challenge:
1) I never lost money playing a Matrix SNG--I need to play more of these
2) I had more winning sessions than losing sessions at O/8 ring games, but when I lost, I lost a lot more than when I won. Set a stop-loss, perhaps?
3) Towards the end of the challenge I played lots of big field MTTs and SNGs to try for a big score, which is probably the dumbest thing to do when trying to build a bankroll. I need to stick to the Matrices.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

Hmm.. Was I right? heh. Good luck man. I suggest some form of SNG since your kinda short for any cash where it is not high variance donkatude.

11:20 AM  
Blogger DrChako said...

My post will be up shortly.

Sucka.

-DrC

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home