Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Off to a Good Start

What could be a better way to start a new life with an improved work ethic than to take off from work three hours early? Ahhh thankyouverymuch. The grueling training process starts for the new temp, and I'm a little happy she's having as much trouble as I originally did. I keep reassuring her that she can't possibly screw up as bad as I did, with deleting an entire database and what-not. She'll catch on.

I took off a little after 2pm and headed home to get some paper writing done, which I accomplished before dinner. One paper down and one project to go this week--then another paper due next week.

So, as far back as I can remember--I have always done what I want first, then do what I'm supposed to do later. All the way back to eating lunch in the cafeteria in grade school. My mom would pack a sandwich, a juice and a ding-dong, and I would always eat the ding-dong first. I mean, it didn't really matter what order I ate things in, did it?

I'm starting to find out that yes, it does. Because eventually there will be a time where I don't have enough time to do all the things I want and need to do. I might as well lessen the shock now. If I only have time to eat the ding dong or eat the sandwich and I eat the ding dong, I'm not going to get all the nutrition I need. Instead of playing games and satisfying my wants to have fun first, I'm going to attempt to get all the necessary things out of the way first, then relax and have fun as a reward. The fun should be less important to me than the necessary things, but for most of my life this hasn't been the case. I don't mind a perfect balance by any means, but it'll take some focus on the necessary things to get there.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home