Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Summer Bankroll Challenge Update and Question

Blaargh! left a comment on the last summer challenge post, wondering if those players in the bankroll challenge want to start up a group blog to chronicle the bankroll challenge. I'm all for it.

Here is the list of participants who have posted on their blogs, but I am willing to take a few more if other bloggers are still interested:

MHG
Dr. Chako
Blaargh!
Oh Captain
APOSEC72
Cindilicious

Also, in regards to the wager on this competition, because the bankrolls vary wildly, it might make more sense to make individual side bets (or group side bets) with people you have closer bankrolls to, or with poker bloggers you know better. I'm just getting to know the handful of participants, and there really isn't anything to stop one from adding money to their account come August. Not that I think anyone will, but I would rather not have to worry about it.

We could also create a prize pool of say, $5 from each player and add some fun "trophies" to the end of this challenge, such as trophies for...

busto!
largest score
closest to break-even (the waffles award?)
largest swings (roller coaster award?)
most gained
most gained as a percent of bankroll

I think these trophies should be un-tie-able, so if two people enter, and decide to not play a single hand of poker, nobody wins the waffles award. Same if two people go busto.

Any other ideas out there?

What is the feel for a group blog? I know a few of you already contribute to multiple blogs.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger DrChako said...

I'm up for anything. I won this thing before it even started anyway.

We'll follow your lead.

-DrC

11:13 PM  
Blogger Katitude said...

Sure, count me in. I think I'm gonna be the most challenged player there, especially since i have a grand total of $6.74.

Well, someone has to come in last *grin.

5:05 AM  
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

I suggest you wait until the 15th so I can play too. Wahhh! heh. Good luck guys!

7:30 AM  
Blogger BLAARGH! said...

I'm not even going to entertain the thought of anyone cheating on this, Karma will get you if you do. (Karma is a very large fellow I spent time with in the pen. You do not want to meet Karma, though he does give very good massages if you're a good little girl).

I'll hook up the blog in a little while + we can discuss the wager over there.... I'm all for keeping this light and fun with no real monetary pressure - maybe $25 each with $10 going to trophy pool?

10:23 AM  
Blogger Katitude said...

Dude, $25 is not light when there's <10 in the FT account.

11:34 AM  
Blogger BLAARGH! said...

OK - blog set up - I need email addys from everyone to add you to the roster - email me with whatever email address you want to use to sign up with at:

blaargh86 at gmail dot com


http://summerbankrollchallenge.blogspot.com/

1:15 PM  
Blogger OhCaptain said...

I'll follow DrChako's lead. Wait, he's following you...Yep, the math still works.

10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home