Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Summer Bankroll Challenge Update

Here are the interested parties:

MHG
Dr. Chako
High on Poker (?)
KenP
OhCaptain
Riggstad
Aposec72 (?)
Blaargh

Last year, the good doctor and I posted pictures of our online bankrolls at the beginning of the challenge and at the end of our challenge. Best percent change won (or in our case, least percent lost). We edited the photos not to include any juicy personal information. I think doing the same thing this time should work. We had a lot of fun last year, keeping our progress secret, but hinting at good nights and bad nights to try and psyche out each other.

If interested, post a screenshot of your bankroll as of June 20th. The challenge will end on August 20th, when another screenshot needs to be posted. If for some reason you do not want the amount of your bankroll to be common knowledge, you can send either Dr. Chako or myself an email. Another option is to make a comment on my blog and ask me not to publish the comment, as I've got comment moderation turned on.

In the spirit of fairness, I'm going to be strict on not accepting screenshots in August after the 20th. The June 20th screenshot I am more flexible on, because I don't see much harm in starting June 21st or 22nd, as long as you don't win a MTT on June 21st and then go post the screenshot of the 20th bankroll.

If you've got money split between poker sites, it is your call as to how many sites you want to include. I'm just going to use my FT account for this summer bankroll challenge, to keep things simple. And I would rather not include live poker in this challenge.

As far as stakes are concerned, I am game for either a monetary or humiliation-style bet. Or we could do something fun like the worst % has to pay the top % $20, then the next worst has to pay the second best $15, then $10, then $5... or whoever is in the middle just gets a push if we have an odd number.

I'd like to hear what people think about the wager idea, or if anyone wants to throw other ideas out there, feel free. Three days until launch!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger BLAARGH! said...

Hey, I wouldn't mind being part of this - looked pretty fun when you did it last year. As long as the prop stays fairly small (I'm def a low stakes dude).

http://pokerblaargh.blogspot.com/

9:49 AM  
Blogger DrChako said...

Sounds like a perfect plan as long as you don't think $20 is high enough to encourage cheating. It would be very easy to just add $ to your account at the end of August.

I'm familiar with most of the people in this challenge so far and I trust them all. Yes - even Waffles.

-DrC

10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home