Saturday, June 13, 2009

Two Wheels and Softball Action

My motorcycle is in the shop. This sucks, because of the accident, and because the weather outside is amazing. It also sucks because I called the shop yesterday at about 4pm to see what the ETA on my bike being ready is, and after fumbling around for a minute, the guy said he was waiting for my approval to order the parts... which I had given him last Saturday at the fucking shop! He said sorry, and he would have to wait until Tuesday to order the parts, because it was already past 3pm on Friday. Ugh.

In other two-wheel news, I have been using my dad's bicycle to get around lately, and I am finally starting to get the hang of bicycling again. At first, I felt like I was riding for the first time all over again--super wobbly, and very uncomfortable. The fact that his helmet nearly falls off my head doesn't help. I'm thinking about getting a used bike from Recycled Cycles @ UW, but I'm unsure about the purchase. I'm also in the market for an economy car to compliment my sport motorcycle, which is a purchase I should probably make sooner than later, so I am not too terribly time-crunched come August.

I rode dad's bike over to Greenlake today for pickup ultimate frisbee. The ride was really nice, and it served as a nice warm up for the ol' joints. Today is day 24 of no rain in Seattle, which is unheard of for May/June, much less July/August. The frisbee was fantastic, but I secretly wished I was playing in one of the two softball games going on at the fields. I miss softball.

When I got home, I browsed Craigslist and sent a few futile emails to people who posted they were needing players a week ago. Imagine my surprise when my cell phone buzzed 10 minutes ago and the guy wants me to come play tomorrow at Greenlake! I may have included that I have a female friend who wants to play as well, which may or may not be true, which may or may not have solidified my spot on the team.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger DrChako said...

I've had my motorcycle license since 1987, and I MIGHT be contemplating another bike. If all goes according to plan, I may be living within 3 miles of work in Cali. I've always wanted a cruiser, but recently a GSX-R 600 caught my eye.

What would you recommend?

-DrC

9:07 PM  
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

I think you should put your cycle helmet and leathers on and ride your dads bike. I would love to see that picture. heh.

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home