Friday, June 19, 2009

Early Birthday Present

Dad took me to Costco today to check out cameras. I went with the Canon Powershot SD 970 IS. I narrowed my choices down to pocket-sized cameras, which left me with about a million choices. Costco had a dozen on display, and by far the best on display was the 970. It has HD video, which is a pretty cool feature, as well as face recognition. If any faces are in the photo, a little box pops up around the face and the camera will pick the center one to focus on and possibly focus on the others as well, I'm not really sure about the other faces yet...

It was a fun day to have the new camera, because as soon as the battery finished charging, our garage got torn down!



One problem I have with the video quality is that it is much better as the four individual files, but once I put them into Quicktime Pro (which I ponied up for) to compile the four clips into one, the video gets sluggish, and I'm not sure why.

I ended the night with Erin over at James and Kirsten's playing cribbage in front of their outdoor fireplace. The guys won.



For a video at night, I think this pocket-sized camera does alright. I wasn't expecting anything to really come from that quick video, but it does a good job of capturing the chill evening atmosphere.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger DrChako said...

I'm not sure that crane operator knew what he was doing. It looked like he was getting better towards the end, but I don't think I would have stayed in the house while he was swinging that thing around.

-DrC

PS. I recently bought a Nikon Coolpix from Costco, and now I have camera envy. Did you do any editing before you posted those videos?

10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home