Saturday, December 27, 2008

Xmas 2008--Wii Bowling!

Another Xmas is in the books. My big present this year is my season's pass to Stevens, which I hope to take full advantage of this ski season. The most visual present this year went to my mom--a wii. I've read a handful of other bloggers opening wiis for the first time this Xmas as well, and I agree with them that these systems are a ton of fun! My mom really likes the Wii Sports games, primarily golf and bowling.

Wii Bowling brings out the sports competitor in my mom, and as soon as she saw my sister and I bowling a few frames she broke out all the bowling lingo (which I'm sure ZOOKS is familiar with). I can't remember half of what she said, something about being too heavy on the head pin. My sis said, "Mom, I think you're the only person I know who cringes when the ball is heading right towards the front pin." Of course, mom likes to retell her stories of growing up, and how her dad hustled people by averaging 180 with his right hand, then switching over to his left-handed 220 average when money was on the line.

She told us how her dad would have her spend hours on one and two-pin split shots. If you bowl many open frames against my mom, you don't stand a chance--she's a surgeon out there on the Wii Bowling front.

In the spirit of my mom's dad, who I never really got to meet (he died when I was two), I am rolling left-handed.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger gadzooks64 said...

I looooooooooove your mom!

I've only had a few minutes on Wii Bowling but let's just say it wasn't pretty. My youngest beat me. Sad but true.

I'm afraid that Wii bowling may screw up my live game but good. That's what I'm going to tell my sons! That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

6:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home