Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Finally, My Good Deed of the Year

Well, I cut it close, but today I accomplished my good deed of 2008. I cleaned the bath tub and shower area at my parents' house. I was tempted to take before and after pictures, but I had already started scrubbing the shower tiles and was in a groove. The shower and bath tub have not had a serious cleaning in years, so I had my work cut out for me, and I wound up scrubbing nonstop for the entire 44 minutes and 19 seconds of Death Cab For Cutie's "Plans" album.

When the dust, grime, cat hair, soap, shampoo and yellow stains settled, I could hardly believe my eyes. What was once a predominantly yellow shower area was now back to its original porcelain white.

In other news, I am out-of-my-mind excited for ski season to start tomorrow up at Stevens Pass. They have a web cam going 24/7 and I've checked it a dozen times today. Each time I check it, the snow seems to be coming down harder and harder. The flakes at 3:45pm are just HUGE. The bottom two cameras are of highway 2, and you can't even tell a road is there, much less a 4-lane road. SNOOOOOW!!! Opening day is tomorrow, and I will be going up Friday and Monday, with a possibility of going on the weekend as well. I'm not as excited for the 6F degree HIGH temperature up there on Friday, but if there is two feet of powder, I think I'll be able to deal with it :)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home