Saturday, December 20, 2008

Stevens Pass Day 1: Perfection

If I keeled over right now, my seasons pass would cost $300 per trip. If I make the trip Monday, it will knock down to $150. I can't wait to get that number down to $20 or even $10!

"This is straight out of Lord of the Rings!" Kristy said of driving into the Cascade Mountains.

Snow was on the road all the way from Seattle, and the scenery was just amazing. The mountains looked menacing, like Mt. Doom, but with a lot more snow. The river alongside highway 2 looked serene, and each rock in the middle of the river had a foot of snow it, which turned rocks into mushrooms.

Since only four lifts were operating, we ended up hiking twice, once halfway up Big Chief and once 3/4th's of the way up 7th Heaven. Both places found us in waist-high powder, making the hike well worth it. I never thought I would hike up 7th Heaven, and I can't wait to see the look on Andrew's face Monday.

After skiing, boarding and hiking in 10 degree weather all day, we ended the day ordering Thai food, drinking beer, and relaxing in the hot tub.

Perfect day.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

Congrats on second in the Weak / Tight fantasy FB league. Your winning the regular season means more than the playoffs, but I got hot at the right time.

7:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home