Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Bad Radio

The first day on a job is always crazy, and yesterday was no different. Of all the information flung at me, most of it stuck, some of it missed, and the rest hit and slid right off. The biggest lesson I learned yesterday is that KISS 106.1 blows. After listening to KISS in my co-worker's cube all day long yesterday, I jumped at the chance to "feel free to change the station" when she departed for a meeting.

Yesterday, the same song played five times from 1pm to 4:30pm. That is just ridiculous. It was one of those popular songs from Justin Timberlake, Fergie, Hanson or the Olson Twins--I can't keep them all straight. KISS literally plays the "top ten" most popular songs over and over again, I couldn't wait to get out of there yesterday.

Today, I flipped the script, and put on 107.7 THE END. And it rocked my socks off. Pearl Jam, Smashing Pumpkins, Rage Against The Machine, Bush. Sadly, that will probably be classified as "oldies" in a few years *cry.

Towards the end of the day, I heard one of the ladies across the office say Heath Ledger was found dead. I was a bit bummed, because I thought he was a really good actor in Big Fish and Moulon Rouge. I just saw a little video about him making a documentary motorcycling through Africa with his brother, and I was really looking forward to seeing it.

It wasn't until I got home and realized I was thinking of Ewan McGregor. There's an odd feeling... Hey! At least it wasn't Ewan! But... yeah, that still sort of sucks, especially the part about no Dad anymore for the two-year old daughter.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home