Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving! I'm looking forward to the yearly football game over at Greenlake and plenty of turkey. Thanksgiving and Christmas are my favorite holidays, both having to do with everyone being around for the holidays. This will be the 10th annual Turkey Bowl game over at Greenlake, and we've managed to get a full 11 on 11 game going every year--through high school, college, and on. Lots of fat, scrawny, out of shape non-football players playing tackle football with no pads in what is usually a mud-pit.

Glorious.

This year, it looks like the rain will hold off, but that just means getting hit harder... and more interceptions.

I want to thank my parents for everything they've sacrificed for me. They lived a good portion of their adult lives with the goal of providing plenty of opportunity for me. At times, I've been a complete spoiled brat. I think now I'm just a spoiled brat.

Thinking about how my parents have raised me always makes me think how I would want to raise my own children. In my experience, most people I've met think that if the world were made up completely of them and their clones, it would be a perfect place. Their parents raised them great, and along with their experiences, they have a great head on their shoulders. I think I have a good head on my shoulders, and I think my parents did a great job raising me, but I realize that my work ethic sucks, and I tend to get along with people different than me. If the world were made up of all Chris's, it would be a very poor, and very happy world :)

In other news, Matt has a good poker hand discussion going on. And may be organizing a Seattle blogger poker night, which would kick ass.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home