Thursday, November 22, 2007

Is that a Challenge?

It would take 18 Margaritas to kill me

Over three hours, I *know* I could drink 18 margaritas and not die. Well, I guess it depends on who makes the margaritas. I know I could drink 18 margaritas in three hours if Stacey's Mom made them, because those margaritas are freaking delicious!

Football today was amazing. The temperatue read 28 degrees this morning, and the frost at the field was thick. You could tell there would be a few mud pits as the day wore on, but when we started playing the field was hard as a rock. Andy slipped squarely on his ass after missing a pass while warming up. Getting tackled on that? No thanks. We got a big 8v8 flag football game going, which was a blast. We played for two hours and I got to play quarterback, lineman, wide receiver, defensive lineman, middle linebacker, cornerback, and safety all in a couple consecutive games.

The highlights for me were only throwing one interception, in a game where almost every possession ended in an interception or touchdown. I had a couple of touchdown passes and I also ran one in. On one deep bomb from Marc, I purposefully tipped it up to Jeremy who was behind me in the end zone, because the guy defending me cut under and made a nice play on the ball. Jeremy caught the tip and much slapping of hands ensued. Defensive highlight had to be my two sacks. First off, I rarely get tackles. Second, who gets sacked playing flag football?! I have to reach down and grab the flag, they can just swat my hand away!

I'll be on the 4pm, 5pm or 6pm news, as a KOMO cameraman was there filming for the better part of an hour. I won't be on film for any of my touchdown passes or sacks, but I think he caught me doing a funny Seahawks bird dance in the end zone after Po caught a touchdown pass from Andrew. The silly dance, or the play where I returned a kickoff and got clobbered in the muddy section of the field. I got hit so hard the lens in my glasses popped out. Shamefully, the cameraman walked over to me, camera rolling, and asked:

"What you... a... doing there?"

"Oh, my lens popped out on that last hit. It wasn't so bad (spits blood), I've just got to get this lens popped back in so I can hop back in the game."

Come on 5 seconds of fame!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger staceyface said...

mmmmmargaritas! i think 18 is a lot. and how much time of blacked out chris would we get before you died? id' put that on you tube (the black out, not the death. i would stop that part)

going to komo now to see if they have any video clips!

10:41 PM  
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

Margarita's? What are you gay? Not that there is anything wrong with that mind you.

10:14 AM  
Blogger Schaubs said...

No swatting of the hands in the flag football I've ever played. That's illegal!

Marg's are ghey...

I wish I would have read this earlier, I was at home and could have easily watch KomoTV4.

Damn.

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home