Thursday, November 30, 2006

10k goal

No, not $10,000. 10k hands. I've got a month and I should probably be spending it on something productive. The most productive thing I've thought of so far is to play lots and lots of poker.

I've always wanted to play more poker than I have in the past, and this month seems like my best chance to. I'm not positive where most of my hands will come from, but right now I'd like to focus on tournament poker.

In the past, I've spent a lot of time thinking about poker, but I've never really spent a good chunk of time dedicated to actually playing the game. We'll see where this little expirament gets me. I don't plan to multi-table, but I might.

Any advice?

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Jordan said...

Advice: Don't get hung up on the number of hands played. Just focus on playing your best and pay attention for any sloppy play that might result from too long sessions. In other words, be careful because the longer you player per session, the more likely you are to lose focus.

6:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Any advice?"

Yeah. Multi-table.

9:05 AM  
Blogger Jordan said...

Mulittable limit! Here's the thing, homey. If you aren't playing that much, try finding something to make it interesting again, like playing limit. Play at stakes that will matter. Like, if you were playing 10 and 20$ tourneys, play 2/4 or higher in cash games, for instance. Every once in a while, try 5/10 Limit (first get some practice at low stakes). I think it could make it interesting for you again and you'd be surprised how you can ride out the variaance at limit but still play at stakes where the payout matters.

9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home