Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Did my 2nd annual Coast Trip this weekend with my 3 good friends (since about 1st grade) and their girlfriends (except Marc's, who had to get ready for her 2nd year teaching).

It was amazing, like last year. We rented a house *on* the beach, this time in Ocean Park, WA. The house had four bedrooms, five TV's, a pool table, two garages, and yes... it was on.the.beach.

Friday night we drank heavily, starting with Chandeliers and moving on to Kings. Woke up on Saturday to a bacon and eggs breakfast and a sunny view of Long Beach. After breakfast the guys played a best-ball golf game at the local 9-hole course. Tyler and I narrowly lost to Marc and Andrew--it was a blast. I've always wanted to play, but we usually just settle on skins play. I like the fact that there is some room for failure playing best-ball--also, more opportunities to go balls-out when your partner hits a good first shot.

We made our way back to the beach house afterwards and strolled out to the beach. It was probably 80 degrees on the beach, which is *not* the norm for Washington beaches. We kicked the volleyball around, tossed the football and frisbee around in the afternoon. Made it back inside and the rest of the weekend was spent drinking, laughing, playing super mario bros, tetris, dr. mario, 9-ball and sardines.

It brought back some great memories from middle-school, high-school and college--which I sorely missed. I'm still recovering from all of the drinking, but the weekend was a great escape.

Haven't missed poker that much, but I'm heading off to the pub game tonight for some entertainment. Work is going surprisingly well, even as a corporate drone. My co-workers are great people, which makes it much easier to say, "sure!" to "can you input 2000 returned envelopes into a spreadsheet for me, please?"

Pushup-Challenge is going great. Getting up to a steady 50 a day right now and I'm feeling muscles above my boobies, which isn't usual for me. I'm wondering how many different things I could improve dramatically if I just DID it for a week or two straight. I bet I could learn languages, learn how to cook, get in shape... yada yada... if I just had incentive of rich friend who would buy me into large poker tournaments if I did. Shoot.

Next trip: San Antonio!

Does anyone out there have some advice on getting a good digital camera? Stacey and I are going to purchase one soon, as ours can no longer zoom out, take video, or change menu settings--the down arrow is broken. Not to mention it is getting old! (And is filled with sand?)

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Doog said...

One good comment deserves another. Sounds like a heluva weekend... Golf, drinking, and SMB - what could be better?

My wife and I recently purchased a Canon SD600. I'm not sure what you're price range is, this one is in the +/-$350 range, and we're very happy with the camera's performance.

If you get the itch to play some poker whilst in San Antonio, look up the folks at the San Antonio Poker Club (http://sapokerclub.com/). I was there on business last month and had a great time.

-Doog

4:06 PM  
Blogger Metro said...

Hey.

Just drifted in from the weird wild web and saw your hiking photos, which are great. I live not-too-far from Washington, and have always enjoyed the alpine hikes it offers.

Re. Digi cameras. Mme Metro is a photo junkie. We bought our Minolta Dimage at a Radio Shack, where it had been languishing on the shelf.

But first I shopped online. As in all major purchases, I think you have to decide the deal you want, and the deal you can live with.

In my case the deal I could live with was the Dimage for $500 US--which was the lowest online price, S&H not included.

The deal I wanted was that price for the Dimage with a 512 Mb memory card (that being the biggest affordable card at the time).

In the end, by buying from a bricks-and-mortar store I got almost what I wanted. They were out of 512 cards and I had to settle for 250.

Pics from our honeymoon in France here(mine, not very interesting) and here (much better) if you're interested.

My profile pic was also taken with it.

Another note. I'm not the photo junkie she is. I'd settle for a nice Hewlett-Packard, myself. Often found cheap, right now under $200 Canuck-bucks hereabouts.

Anyway--happy hiking. Hope there'll be more pix.

4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home