Sunday, March 07, 2010

Photo Week 9: Softball and BBQ



It hit 60 degrees on Saturday, and the pickup softball season has begun! Last year, this guy saw a slew of people on Craigslist looking for softball teams to play on, and decided to start a pickup game where everyone was welcome to play. It was a huge success, and one day last summer we fielded four entire teams and had a round-robin tournament on two fields. I'm not sure if the game will keep going through the rainy season, but I'm sure we'll try and find fields on sunny days like yesterday. Yesterday I was up to bat with two outs and the bases loaded... and had my best hit of the day, deep to left-center, but right to the left-center fielder, damn 4 outfielders in softball!



Since it was such a nice day yesterday, I threw together an impromptu BBQ, since it is my last weekend house-sitting at my parents' in Seattle. Marc, Tyler and their families came down and it was perfect. A big reason I made the move back to Seattle is to spend time with my family and friends, and to be a part of my friends' children's lives as they grow up.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home