Thursday, March 26, 2009

The Boogeyman



Mos Def is hilarious. He had me laughing out loud seven times in this video:

1) The police,
2) Text/video messages,
3) The moon,
4) We've got a situation,
5) Otobots and Decepticons,
6) Clintons and Bushes passing the presidency around like a party joint,
7) Sasquatch,

He's going to be at Sasquatch! Hell yes!

In addition to the laughing, there is some great discussion. The topic of religion is brought up, and I have never really thought of religion in the terms Cornel West describes--using religion to resist the ugly forces, not cause them. I've thought for a while that religion is a huge problem in the fight for world peace, and I still do, but I had not thought how much good religion brings to the table.

How can I believe that the world would be a better place without religion, but also believe that it is better to have love and lost, than never loved at all? I like passion, and religion brings both good and bad passion to the table, just like love.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger DrChako said...

I just like listening to him talk. He's a little misguided, but at least he's thought about his position and he's willing to take a stand.

-DrC

PS. Yes - that was Crescent Lake. And yes, I wish I was on a bike.

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home