Monday, September 22, 2008

Booty Calls and Addiction

Booty calls and addiction were my themes for the weekend.

The weekend started out innocently enough, with a get-together at the Red Hook Brewery after class on Friday. My carpool friend Sarah decided since Friday was the end of a 3-week "quarter" of school, a trip to the brewery was in order. Amen, sista. After the brewery I met up with Josh, Tessa, Jared, Tyler and Renee at Pies and Pints for more beer and mouth-watering soup and pie, not to mention bite of Renee's decadent chocolate cake and sharing a perfectly rich chocolate mousse with Tessa. After Tyler and Renee left, and the four of us went to Jared and Tessa's for Rock Band 2, which kicks all kinds of ass. Bon Jovi, Pearl Jam, and plenty of other bands that I might one day actually consider singing the karaoke part to. One day. Maybe. Instead, I just strummed the bass all night long, while J&T's shiba inu named Artan nibbled on my toes.

Then the wheels came off the bus.

I played a poop-load of World of Warcraft this weekend. I woke up at 11am on Saturday and played until 1am on Sunday, with brief respites for food, using the facilities, and driving to Tyler's to play more WoW. I had intended to play frisbee and maybe even go watch some frisbee up in Burlington, but when I awoke on Saturday to the unforecasted rain, I was bummed. I had already geared up for frisbee before even looking out the window, knowing that I was late, so when I got out the door and saw the rain, I moped back inside not wanting to add more layers and put in contacts. I drowned my sorrows not in the rain, but in WoW.

Last night I was up to no good. After another steady day of WoW, and about 30 minutes prior to bed time, a mysterious (but somewhat familiar) lady talks me into coming over to her place, saying she's got freshly laundered towels and plans on going into work late on Monday morning. And that, friends, is when I realized there are things more fun in life than playing WoW.

Unfortunately, I've got this week off from school. I say unfortunately, because the forecast calls for more rain, which means I'll be inside, which means I will likely be playing more WoW. Maybe I'll pretend to have temperance and fire up a poker table or two, to take my mind off the addiction that is WoW.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home