Thursday, August 21, 2008

The End of Summer

The past few days have mushed into one another for me. The end of summer is never fun, especially when the last few days of your summer vacation are spent inside watching the rain outside. I've been staying up into the wee hours of the morning and sleeping until noon because there is simply no reason for me to be awake before noon. Last night I hopped into bed early at 11pm, in an attempt to wake up early and be productive today. It didn't work. I slept until 11am on my last day of summer vacation. That is a bit depressing.

After thinking about the time I've wasted over the past few days, I think I'm OK with it. I'm well rested for the classes and observation to come, and if you ask me two months from now what I'll be doing on Sunday morning, the answer will probably be sleeping in!

My favorite part about the end of summer is the freshness and renewal that comes with Autumn. In Seattle, we don't have the flaky leaves to rake into a pile and jump into--our leaves are soggy. But we do have the color changes and the great Autumn wind storms. For me, the biggest change will obviously be getting back into school both as a student and as a teacher. I've never experienced school as a teacher, and I can't wait.

I have been toying around with the idea of starting a new student teaching blog, to record my trials and tribulations of my student teaching experience over the next nine months. I started an anonymous teaching blog already, but since it is tied to another email address and a different profile I am much less likely to keep up with it. This blog is anonymous enough, and after thinking about the new blog for a while, I decided I will just stay with this blog and start to include more posts about my student teaching experiences.

This blog goes back to April of 2003, back when I was in college and playing intramural sports eight nights a week. The blog evolved into nearly a full time poker blog in 2005, and since then it has slowly come back to its roots as a life journal. I think the blog has done a good job of recording different stages of my life over the past five years. I am thankful for the poker playing bloggers I have met through the blogosphere, and I hope to meet and enjoy the company of teachers as the blog continues to evolve. At some point I may start a blog fully devoted to teaching, but after thinking about it today, I doubt that will happen for some time.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home