Friday, August 04, 2006

WWDN:NOT

Well, I had a good time (like always) playing with my fellow bloggers last night. Spock and I capped off the night by picking horses when it was down to five players. Whoever's horse won, got a signed MS paint image by the loser.

Needless to say, I lost. I was decimated, as SLB and KAT, both Spock's horses, made it to headsup.

Go check out Spock's page (link above) for my splendid art.

--

In other news, I made it fairly deep in a $5.50 MTT on Stars earlier yesterday night and felt like I was playing very sound poker until the hand that knocked me out around 100th (out of 1700). Raised it up with AJo and got min-reraised. I remember thinking that I was probably beat at this point, with a chance of QQ-AA, but also a chance of a resteal or a lower pp.

I didn't want to seem weak, and had a large enough stack (just above average chip-stack, although the reraiser had me covered), so I called the raise.

Flop came Jh 5c 4c

Pretty darn near ideal for me.

First (possibly 2nd or 3rd?) mistake I made was checking the flop. I really should have bet out to see where I was. He bet half the pot and I raised it up to the point where I basically comitted myself. He called, then called my push on the turn with pocket kings.

It was frustrating to play well for 3 hours, then dump it on this hand. It is a hard hand to get away from once I see that flop, but I think I can probably lay that down when I am playing my A game.

---

In non-poker news, gf and I went camping for a few days (hence no updates) and only saw three other people the entire trip. It was absolutely gorgeous. We hopped from lake to lake and the trip would have been ideal if not for the billions of mosquitos that ripped our legs and necks to chickenpox and back.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger katitude said...

TY for railing MHG, even if I wasn't your "horse", lol.

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home