Thursday, July 21, 2011

Witchcraft and Wizardy

Not a spoiler!

Just got back from watching the final Harry Potter movie (7B?), and really enjoyed it. As I was leaving the theater, I needed to head to the grocery store to pick up some things for my final day of summer class tomorrow, so I reached into my pocket to check and make sure my ID and credit card were still in my pocket. Nope.

I was only a few steps outside of theater #7, so I went back to my seat and looked around for my cards. I found the credit card underneath the back of my seat (in the spot where all the popcorn and soda stick together). Pretty sure the credit card and ID fell out when I checked my phone after the movie, as they get caught in the nook in the back of my Droid often.

I kept searching for my driver's license, but couldn't find it anywhere--I checked the ground all around and behind my chair and the chairs around mine; I checked the row behind and in front; I checked the seats themselves and the arm rests, all this in a dark theater with the light of my cell phone, mind you. I thought maybe the ID fell out before the movie when I put my credit card and ID card back into my pocket from buying the ticket, but before I left theater #7 I made one more sweep of my chair area. And found it.

The ID card somehow fell into a small nook underneath the armrest between the seats and was held elevated above the ground. It took me another few minutes to figure out how to get the ID card out from the secret nook. I almost destroyed the driver's license with a snake fang on the spot, damn hidden whore cruxes!

One thing I really liked about the Harry Potter series is how JK Rowling's characters are all such a piece of her. I often envision myself as an old man sitting on a mountain top. Not that I have all the wisdom in the universe, but it sure would be fun to have people come to me and ask advice, and usually just shoot the question back at them and see them discover their answer on their epic journey to me or from me.

"Damn crazy kook up there on the mountain! What does he know?... oh wait, maybe I should stop blaming other people and start figuring things out for myself *gong*"

Almost all of Dumbledore's speeches are JK Rowling's voice of reason, and for some reason it carries more weight coming from a great and aged wizard than it does from a single, poor mom. Adding in faults to Dumbledore in the movie was a great touch, too.

Having only read the first book, I wasn't sure how the movie would end, but it ended exactly how I hoped.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home