Saturday, August 07, 2010

Photo Week 31: Bill's Beer Coasters



Bill, pictured above, is on my ultimate frisbee team and also a part of the newbie bridge night group. A large portion of Bill's job working for the city of Seattle is to inform residents on how they can keep Seattle clean and also improve the health of the city. He did some brainstorming and realized a cheap (and fun!) way to reach a lot of people would be to advertise on beer coasters. He got a grant to print 30,000 beer coasters, and the grand kick off was last Thursday. For $10 I got the same T-shirt Bill is wearing in the above picture, a beer, and a beer coaster. Pretty sweet deal!

I believe he printed out four different beer coasters, but I nabbed the above one because it is my favorite. If you can't make it out in the picture, the dog is saying/thinking: "I poop. You pick up. Any questions?" Below the picture, the factoid reads, "Rain washes bacteria from pet waste into storm drains, streams and ultimately into Puget Sound. Use a bag to pick up dog poop and put it in the trash."

Great idea! But I am a bit wary of beer coaster advertising if corporations in certain lines of work get in on the action. I don't want to see any male enhancement ads on my beer coaster thankyouverymuch.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Jordan said...

The problem with bagging poop is that you take something biodegradable (poop) and put it into something that is not (plastic bags), so in the end, we are protecting poop from naturally decomposing and creating a plethora of fossilized animal shit. I know that's not the point, but I wonder how the ecologists balance those two things (bacteria from runoff vs. poop that can last for 1000s of years in a landfill).

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home